In this episode, Leona Johnson speaks with Scarlett Lewis about her personal experience of losing her son in the Sandy Hook tragedy in America and how it provided her with her life’s mission to create a nonprofit organization to help children (and adults) become resilient, empowered, and develop meaningful relationships. Scarlett describes why she created The Choose Love Movement and how it will benefit all.
Things they talk about in this episode:
- The Sandy Hook Tragedy and Scarletts experience of losing her son.
- Forgiveness is a choice then a process
- The Choose Love Movement
- Why do we need a Social and Emotional Learning programme in Schools
- PTSD and Post Traumatic Growth
- The courageous Rwandan Genocide orphans who reached out to the brother of Jesse Lewis to give him the strength to move forwards
- Healing from Trauma
- Corona Virus Pandemic and the social and emotional consequences for society
- The FREE choose love programme.