The goal of the Choose Love For Schools is to teach SEL and provide children with the knowledge, attitude and skills they need to choose love in any situation. These abilities include:
- Understanding and managing emotions (self-awareness and self-management)
- Setting and achieving positive goals
- Feeling and showing empathy and compassion for others (social awareness)
- Establishing and maintaining positive social relationships, and
- Making responsible decisions
More than 30 years of scientific research proves that children who had access to SEL curricula grow into more successful and healthy adults. Overall they have a deeper sense of self, commitment to community and learned compassion for others. This results in lower violent crime and incarceration rates, alcohol and drug abuse, and instances of mental illness.