Choose Love Awareness Month will kick off on February 1, 2024, for a month long celebration to promote our free Choose Love programs. Each week will focus on the Choose Love Formula pillars: courage, gratitude, forgiveness, and compassion-in-action.
Choose Love will provide our Choose Love community ways to take action by providing a Choose Love Awareness Month promotions toolkit, student activity toolkit, and provide action tips that will help create a more fulfilling life and safer communities.
The Choose Love Movement has grown organically by word of mouth. You can help us reach even more people by taking action in February. Ways to Participate and Help Grow Awareness of our Movement:
- Tell three people about the Choose Love Awareness Month.
- Ask your school’s administrators and teachers if they would be part of Choose Love Awareness Month.
- Subscribe to the Daily Dose of Love newsletter and forward to a friend.
- Follow our social media and Like, Comment, and Share our posts to help raise awareness on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter.
- Take part in the Choose Love February Action Steps Calendar for daily activities and challenges.
- Order a Choose Love Awareness Month Starfish Moments Action Kit.
- Enter the Starfish Moment essay/story contest. Details to be announced.
Choose Love’s character social emotional development programs gives children, and adults, the skills and tools they need to have healthy connections and manage their emotions. It’s a proactive and preventative mental health initiative that teaches:
- How to recognize and manage emotions
- How to have healthy and positive relationships
- How to have deep and meaningful connections
- Conflict resolution
Choose Love offers the solutions that are desperately needed in schools today. More than 80 percent of U.S. public schools report the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted student behavior and socio-emotional development, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Specifically, respondents attributed increased incidents of classroom disruptions from student misconduct (56 percent), rowdiness outside of the classroom (49 percent), acts of disrespect towards teachers and staff (48 percent), and prohibited use of electronic devices (42 percent) to the COVID-19 pandemic and its lingering effects.
“We celebrate Choose Love and the benefits of character social emotional development all year long, but February has been officially designated Choose Love Awareness Month. We welcome everyone — students, educators, families, and communities around the world — to learn and share the Choose Love Formula,” said Scarlett Lewis, Chief Movement Officer, Choose Love Movement.